Sunday, May 31, 2009

Movie Reviews (and a small life update)

Life Update:
  • I got a job!! :) I'm working at the Great Harvest in Ann Arbor, doing the morning shift where I knead the bread and get it ready to go in the oven. Lately I've been scheduled to stay till the early afternoon so I can do some customer service. It's really fun and I'm so glad to be making some money.
  • I just moved into a sublet right across from St. Thomas church! :) I had no idea before I said yes that I'd be across from a Catholic church. Maybe I'll get to go everyday now!!
  • I'm trying to get Daisy in Mario Kart Wii. So far I've done 50cc and 100cc. I barely got bronze in the Mushroom and Flower cups 150cc and I'm working on the Star cup right now. If you have any tips please let me know!!!
  • I want a vespa so bad.
  • Albert left for ten days in Taiwan, and the girl who survived two summers without you-know-who feels disgustingly lonely.
But on a lighter note, here are some...
Spoiler Free Movie Reviews:
  • Singh is Kinng: This movie is extremely interesting, especially to someone who's been exposed to the Sikh community. It's a bollywood film so there's a singing and dancing interspersed throughout the film. Watch out! The music is really catchy, though. The story is about a Sikh named Happy Singh who's entertaining, the life of the party, but also annoys the heck out of the people in his village (in the Punjab region of India). He decides to go to Australia to bring back Lucky Singh, another Sikh who became the leader of a Sikh gang. Something happens and Happy becomes the sit-in "King" (leader of the gang) and tries to use the gang's powers for good, while reforming the members. Throw in a little romance, and you have Singh is Kinng. I thought it was great. It was funny, there was good music, the premise was not too cheesy, and the main character Happy was really adorable.
  • Star Trek: This movie was also great! Again, the main character was very fun to look at. It was interesting to see the story of how Capt. Kirk became Capt. Kirk, and likewise with Spock. All I can say is it's a must-see, and I love how Capt. Kirk breaks the rules to get things right. It's so exciting! AND I won't tell you how but the original Spock makes an appearance.
  • Terminator- Salvation: OH MY GOSH! Another must see! I love the Terminator series so I knew I'd like this one. Christian Bale's character gets pushed to the background by a human who you know from the beginning has terminator parts inside him. His character was fascinating--you keep wondering whether he's the good guy or the bad guy. Is he a sleeper robot? Needless to say, you find out at the end and it's a great ride the whole way. Tim Burton's wife also makes an appearance, as well as the guy who plays Chekov in the new Star Trek movie.
  • Night at the Museum- Battle of the Smithsonian: Although it was entertaining, it was not nearly as good quality as the first one. Amy Adam's character Amelia Earhart was... interesting. And the Jonas Brothers made a cameo as three cherubs. That's about all I have to say. Wait until it comes out on dvd before shelling $8.00 to see it.
  • Angels and Demons: MAJOR TWISTS AND TURNS! I was not suspecting the twist ending and that made me happy. Along with Tom Hanks, Ewan McGregor's in it! And I don't think it's anti-Catholic- it's anti-people-who-take-advantage-of-religion-for-their-own-means.
  • X-Men Origins- Wolverine: I liked seeing Wolverine's beginning. There's a romance that affects him, a malicious brother Sabertooth, army craziness, and Gambit! I liked it a lot. The enemy they fight at the end is scary as heck!

No comments: